I’m going to keep this simple. Here are a few facts about the 2010/2011 Video Team and upcoming events.
1) Christopher Canel (video guy ) and James Wirig (audio guy) are the new leaders of the Video Team.
2) Danny Owens and Steven Moyer will be working with the Video Team throughout the year.
3) This year’s Video Team will be much more structured and organized than last year.
4) There are will be a lot of projects. I’ll leave it at that.
5) People will either be able to rotate through different tasks (filming, audio, editing, effects) or choose a specialty or any combination of both.
6) If the Video Team is going to accomplish all that we want to, then we are going to need many new, motivated students who are willing to learn, work, and have fun!
1) Telling Our Story – A massive multimedia project about VHS (year-long). Client: Admin
2) Cheer is a Sport – A persuasive documentary that does what the name suggests. Client: Cheer Department, Mrs. Sellers
3) The Road to District – A documentary about the cheerleading teams’ road to the District Cheer Competition (year-long). Client: Cheer Department
4) One Day on Earth – Tell an interesting story to be used in a massive documentary about Planet Earth and humanity. Client: These Guys (Due 10.10.2010)
5) IVIE Awards – not many details yet
6) Bumpers – Produce 5 second bumpers to be displayed between advertisements on the 72 inch televisions coming soon to Valhalla. This is a project for After Effects (1080p only). Client: Orange Nation TV, Mr. Owens
7) Numerous unnamed videos for ASB and Orange Nation TV – details coming all year. Client: ASB, Orange Nation TV
Don’t forget to visit the Jobs Page to keep up-to-date with all new jobs for Mac Lab Media in case I miss something.
Update: Mario S (alumni) has offered to help with the bumpers but needs ideas. Anybody have any ideas for a cool bumper? And don’t forget to browse through his blog.