Week 5/6 Update
Well everyone, we have started the long process of going through the 1800+ pictures we all took at Homecoming last Friday. I am going to keep this brief, but this is how we will proceed with the processing of these images.
1. Finish initial categorization of images (1 = bad, 3 = good/necessary, 4 = pics of Homecoming fair, 5 = great) – Wednesday
2. Re-sort images by ranking (folder for 1s, folder for 3s, etc.) – Wednesday
3. Separate backdrop shots into folders based on settings – Thursday
4. Develop lighting-correction workflow for each different settings folder – Thursday, Friday
5. Photoshop background pics, one group per person – Weekend
6. Determine which “other” (non-backdrop) pics are best, ideally around 30-40 pics total, and put them in a separate folder – Weekend
7. Proceed with normal Photoshopping of those images. We will not start this step until we are completely done with step 5 – Next Week
8. Assemble finished pics, convert to JPG, and send off to ASB for final approval – Early next week
9. Publish – Middle of next week
That is a rough outline of our workflow for this project. Hopefully, the professionals will have a chance to teach the newbies a thing or two in Photoshop, as nothing we will be doing to these pics will be overly difficult, just time consuming.
Until the actual Photoshopping begins, we will be working off Philip’s Hard Drive.
(Transcript of email sent by Christopher Canel)